Monday, February 14, 2011

Beat Street!

So this week’s blog is on a movie called Beat Street.  I have watched this movie three times now, twice when I was younger and once in my American Literature class.  This movie is alright but I personally think that “Breakin” is a way better movie. It is kind of like beat street except that there is a lot more dance battles with better characters.  Either way both movies inspire you to get up and start doing flips and become a break dancer.  I know that when I was young I wanted to be a break dancer and I used to practice doing windmills, which by the way I never learned to do.  Even today I still try to practice break dancing, even though every time I attempt to do a windmill I fall straight on my back.  It is fun and it also looks cool when you’re able to do flips and tricks.  I think that Beat Street is a great movie and should be watched more often, because everyone that I know has never even heard of the movie. People are weird, and you know what is even crazier?  People said that they don’t like the movie.  They were obviously hit on the head with a rock and must hate everything about Hip-Hop.  Beat Street has so much music, dancing, and art that it is hard not to like it.  The characters are also very cool, such as Ramo who lived for art, even though it was on the side of a train he still loved it and died defending it. RIP Ramo

No comments:

Post a Comment