Friday, September 24, 2010

In the hands of an angry God

This week’s topic is a preacher who preached about god and how if you don't be good and go to church god will send you to hell at any minute.  He stated that god had an arrow pointed at you ready for you to mess up.  I believe in god, but I believe that god is loving and willing to forgive, but this preacher is crazy.  The preacher is just trying to strike fear into his believers in order to get more money for the church and himself.  This guy is should be put in a mental institution, because if he actually believes this, something is wrong with him.  He depicts god as someone you should fear rather than love.  I'm pretty sure that everyone who listened to this preacher was probably wetting their pants in fear.  I actually feel bad for the people who believe this guy, because they probably were too scared to even walk outside in fear of committing a sin.  If I was one of the villagers there I would move to another country were they let you believe whatever you want,  I wouldn't want to go back to the village because everyone will hate me for rejecting their faith. 

2 comments:

  1. I think your right that his view of God than our usual ones, but he shouldn't be put in a mental institution. He has the right to believe whatever he wants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Jose, I think that God is forgiving too! This is very like what i wrote , i wonder why? lol So we can talk about why we think this village is coocoo..

    ReplyDelete